Thursday, March 19, 2009

What I Am Reading: The Good Citizen

Book. Done. Read. Here.

As the end of the semester is fast approaching which means among other things I have come to my final Capstone book (hooray!) which goes by the name The Good Citizen by Russell J. Dalton. Now sadly I will have to retain some semblance of an argument from this book in order to right the 2 page review I have to write for one of the five books, which I conveniently left until the last book which also happens to be the shortest book weighing in at a scrawny 178 readable pages. It's supposed to tell me what my generation is doing to shape American politics, I'll be the judge of that, I mean where does an old man get off telling me about my generation?

The cover is a play on the famous World War II photo depicting women driving America, for that alone I don't like the cover. Create something don't just rip off a famous picture. That and I have a feeling that he is going to say that gimmicky buttons and writs bands (pictured on the cover) mean something; they don't. Everyone has them so therefor we have become resistant to them, they don't work and if this guy tries to tell me otherwise I'm going to stop reading or at least I will stop taking him seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment