Sunday, January 25, 2009

What I Am Reading: White Tiger

I have since finished this book, read the review here.



Rejoice my faithful readers! I have chosen White Tiger by Aravind Adiga! Chosen for no other reason that I could not get my hand on Women in time (actually if I hated waited on Women I would have been disappointed, there wasn't a copy at work today). Well that was part of it, I also read 30 pages so far, 30 pages of which I have so far enjoyed.

Winner of the Man Booker Prize the book is about an Indian national who tells his life story via letters to the Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao which seems slightly prudent because of one o my recent reads dealt primarily with the futures of both India and China.

But that is not why I am reading White Tiger, to be honest I had no idea what hte Man Booker prize was until about an hour ago. I am reading White Tiger because I have caved to peer pressure, about 19568094540 people have recommend me the book so I must relent.

And yes I know there are not 19.5 billion people on the earth thank you very much. There are 6,756,267,658 as of this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment