Thursday, March 12, 2009

Today's Hefty Helping of Little Grumblings

As always, the ones that weren't witty, are the ones I didn't write.
  • I love how my boss assumes I can be in two places at once come next Friday and Saturday. I need to change that assumption.
  • Egyptians have the oldest crapiest phones one can imagine yet they somehow think that it doubles as a boombox and ringtones as actual songs.
  • Just witnessed an Egyptian taxi driver staredown. It was a scarring experience.
  • 4 Egyptians, 1 motorcycle. Such is Egypt.
  • The duffle bag I bought at the souk today is made by a company called "Timberlaod" not to be confused with the actual company "Timberland".
  • What I will miss most about Egypt will be the ability to nap, which is illegal in the US.
  • A novella has the strange effect of making you feel like u have accomplished something real in a short time. I need 2 read them more often.
  • When Hoopoes attack!! Wikipedia for some context.
  • High winds tomorrow, good thing I work in the desert. :-/
  • I love how here in Egypt a nap is an integral part to everyones day. This being said after a 2 hour nap.
  • Aparently I need to turn my backyard into a minefield to keep intruders out. And here I thought an attack kitten would have been sufficient.
Get your instant grumblings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment